Flathead 7 DIN Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancurrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greetings. I have a Zeagle Flathead 7 reg that I am converting into DIN. I got a Zeagle DIN adapter for this job. While it works fine, the adapter doesn't seem to be made for the Flathead 7 and the DIN carousel sticks out about 10mm off the base of the reg body (see picture attachment). This makes the reg stick out more than needed and also makes it more vulnerable to lateral concussions. I talked to a Zeagle dealer about the adapter and they told me that this is the only adapter that they know of. Somehow this doesn't seem right and it looks to me like there is a different DIN adapter for the Flathead 7. Does anyone know why the generic Zeagle DIN adapter sticks out so much on the Flathead 7 and what would be the correct DIN adapter for this reg (part number)?

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 235
It looks like you have the wrong DIN Conversion kit.

The part # that you need is 345-1017, which will allow you to convert your YOKE Flathead 7 regulator to DIN.

I suspect that you have part # 345-1010. which converts the 50D, DS-V, Envoy, or the old Flathead IV regs from YOKE to DIN.

(and for the record, you don't have an ADAPTER - you have converted the reg to DIN. The adapter is a totally different part, which allows you to use a DIN regulator with a Yoke tank.)

Scott

Thank you very much for the information Scott. This is exactly what I need. Yes, you are correct - it's the conversion kit that I am trying to match to the reg not an external adapter.

Back
Top Bottom