Zeagle - shuttle valve orientation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgttrey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Short version: In servicing a Zeagle Flathead VI/7 or F8 second stage, when inserting the shuttle valve in the barrel, does it matter whether the short leg "L" shape on the shuttle faces towards or away from the diaphragm?

To be clear, I understand the importance of orienting the shuttle valve "L" cutouts so that it is captured by the legs of the lever arm. This is not about whether the shuttle needs to be "clocked" so that the L's line up with the legs. I know that. This is about whether it matters which way the L points.

The reason I ask is that the Zeagle Reg manuals show it differently. In the Flathead VI manual, the short end of the L faces towards the diaphragm side of the barrel. In the Flathead 7 manual, it is the opposite, with the short arm pointing away from that side. You have to do a little mental gymnastics because the orientation of the barrel photos is different, but if you spin one around, you'll see the shuttle valve "L"s are oriented differently.

Flathead VI:

FH6.jpg

Flathead 7:

FH7.jpg

To make it easy to see, I'll flip the top photo upside down so the barrel orientations match. You'll see the L is pointed the opposite direction of the photo above.

FH6 rotated.png

Does it just not matter?

Back
Top Bottom