Flathead 7 Second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kamper

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any differences between the second stage on the Flathead 7 and the second stage found on the other Zeagle reg's like the Flathead 6? I have always found the first stage on Zeagle regs to be of the highest quality, but the fit and finish on the second stage does not match, I wonder if that was improved on the new Flathead.

Although I haven't used another Zeagle reg myself, I found the fit and finish of my new Flathead 7 second stage is equal to other top-end regs. I had looked at the Flathead VI this past fall and the 7's second stage is much, much nicer. All of the controls are easy to use on the new second stage. I think that the mouthpiece is comfortable as well. I sprung for the new Z Octo and it breathes just aw well as the primary.

Personally I find the Zeagle second stages to be very good quality. They make the bodies out of a softer thermoplastic that has some give, as opposed to some companies who make the second stages bodies out of hard plastic. THat might be why they seem to be of lower fit and finish, but the advantage is the Zeagle bodies are more resilient, and less likely to crack than others.

Also the Zeagle octos should breathe the same as the primaries, there is no difference other than the yellow faceplate.

Internally the new Z 2nd stages are same as the previous ZX 2nds. They will breathe just as well. Only the outer body has changed to a compact body and exhaust tee.

Personally I have always felt when you reduce the internal volume of a second stage, it results in a faster reacting reg.

The only differance that I could see is the size/width of the exhaust -t. The t from the FH6 was/is slightly wider. I perfer a wider exhaust t so I exchanged the one from my FH6 and put it on my FH7. Other than that they seem to be identical in size.

Back
Top Bottom