Flathead XP on twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digital_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,
Is anyone out there running zeagle on their twinset?
I'm going to be running 2 x flathead xp first stages but found, when i put them together a la dir/gue style (on their side and their hose routing) that the hose routing rather sucked and put a fair bit of strain on some hoses.

So are you guys running twins using these regs on their side (i.e. HP port down) or vertical (HP port facing out)?

Info appreciated

I have Flathead VIs and run them on their sides. Looking at the picture of the XPs on the Zeagle site, the first stages don't look that different. The Miflex hoses are much more flexible than the standard rubber ones--maybe you'd like they way they lay better.

Gday Steve
Here is the hose routing of my Flathead XP's on the twin 7's

Wing is the Zeagle 35lb Stiletto, its maybe a touch too small for this rig but I like how compact it all is. With an Ally plate I am not wearing any lead due to the heavier weight of these higher pressure tanks, bit heavy in the Wettie but trims out very well in the drysuit, pumped up to 300bar/4300 psi it is plenty of gas for a couple of one hour dives at recreational depths.

As you are wearing them
Right Post
7Ft Primary "Black Miflex Hose"
LP Inflator Hose

Left post
SPG
LP Drysuit hose
Necklace second stage "Blue Miflex Hose"

Very clean and very simple
Give me a call with any questions.

DSC_1829.jpg

DSC_1828.jpg

DSC_1825.jpg

DSC_1830.jpg

Cheers
Chris

My Flathead VI's are setup very similar to Chris'. The difference is I put mine with the diaphragm facing each other and the HP plug out.

Right Post:
7 foot standard primary hose
22" black Miflex inflator hose

Left Post:
26" blue Miflex reg hose on necklace
24" standard hp hose
standard DS whip.

The Miflex's are used because those 2 hoses go at a 90 degree angle from the first stage.

Gday Jimmer
I have the diaphragm facing out on the twin 7's, being a very skinny tank they sit much closer together than than larger 85cft and 95cft tanks.

With the diaphragm facing out it gives me a couple of inches more head room between the first stages for the back of my head to fit when I am looking up.

Still works a treat though, I do love this little setup for when I am doing recreational dives and could not be arsed lugging out the CCR.

Cheers
Chris

I dive a set of Faber lp45's as well, which I think are the same as the 7L tanks, but I assembled mine with a standard manifold, so I have the regular amount of room in between them as I would with larger tanks.

Nice setup tho, is that using a regular Zeagle BC with the Stiletto wing?

Nice setup tho, is that using a regular Zeagle BC with the Stiletto wing?

Hi Jimmer
Using the super light Zeagle Ally Backplate with standard harness and the Stiletto wing bolted on.

This is also my travel and single tank rig. I just unbolt the twins and slip a couple of cam bands through the plate, takes only a couple of mins to change over from one to the other.

Cheers
Chris

Cheers for the info lads, very helpful
I notice that i can't get my wing inflator hose to sit as neat as this setup... might just be an angle thing with the first stage or the actual hose

Righto,
Got the other flathead from Chriso the other day and whacked it all together. Put a miflex hose (albeit a bit long) on the inflator port and they now route a treat, diaphragms in.
Thanks a lot guys, i'm much happier now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom