Flatulation, can it occur with scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh boy , my kind of thread !!!

I do know from personal experience , that 2 ATM's is possible ... :confused:
Hey , it's a bodily function...
I dive wet most of the time , so , er , uh ... Up up and away !!!! :D

Jeano Beano

Ok... if ya' gotta' out-gas... ya' gotta' out-gas... but somehow, reading this thread I got reminded about a show I saw on the Bermuda Triangle thing and the ship sinkings... and how they theorized that it might be related to methaine releases from the ocean floor... and, well... contemplating the 'fish lying on the ocean floor' thing I got to wondering... given the given Boyle's Law and all...

IF YA' GOTTA' OUT-GAS... don't... PLEASE don't do it at depth and directly under your dive boat... and definately don't coordinate your efforts with your buddy... even if the boat does't sink from the reduced surface tension on the water... you're really gonna' need those guys up there....

... back to the morning coffee... fun thread...

The Kraken:
Just a heads up, guys . . .

FROM THE TOS

Language or material that, in context, depicts or describes (in terms patently offensive as measured by contemporary standards for the broadcast medium) sexual or excretory organs or activities is prohibited. The ScubaBoard staff foresees that this area may be the hardest to enforce as individuals may differ on their interpretation. Therefore our rule is to assume a standard equivalent to that of a professional working environment for a large corporate entity.

Let's not go there, OK?

The Kraken

That guy I put in way up there ^^^ is the "ran out of fiber smiley"

This was the best thread in months! We should be able to behave like 10 year olds every once in a while! Ha! :klo: (Just Kidding D)

In my drysuit experience, the following apply:

1. Be sure you're venting gas.

2. Respect the "power" of such gas when "de-suiting."

Watch this link.

Yep, "explosive..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom