Flesh eating desease

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh gosh, that serious!! Could have gotten it during diving.. :(
What a dangerous world we are livin in...

If you think the pics are bad I work in a Surgical ICU and the real thing is worse. There is a form of the disease that is believed to come from the soil. Please use gardening gloves and replace them when they wear out.

chuckrt

based on the reactions I read, but I was reading something recently about a man in Sacramento who picked up something nasty and flesh eating while walking his dog. Seems he was scratched by a reed and picked up the bacteria that way. I think it is a good practice to clean wounds immediately...

This how the media feeds on peoples fears ... oooh yucky picture ... don't want to catch that ... then there is always the friend of a friend who knew somebody who got that from having his morning scratch ... and so the story builds.

1st This is a very rear disease
2nd It has been around 4 many many years
3rd It can be treated if caught early (most of the time)
4th Scuba diving has no greater or lesser chance of getting this thanif you sat on your bum and watched TV all day never leaving the house

and lastly you have more chance of getting kicked to death by a donkey whilst being struck by lighning in a burning place about to crash into a mountain.

In conclusion live your life, don't worry your life away.

SCUBAMedic once bubbled...
This how the media feeds on peoples fears ... oooh yucky picture ... don't want to catch that ... then there is always the friend of a friend who knew somebody who got that from having his morning scratch ... and so the story builds.

1st This is a very rear disease
2nd It has been around 4 many many years
3rd It can be treated if caught early (most of the time)
4th Scuba diving has no greater or lesser chance of getting this thanif you sat on your bum and watched TV all day never leaving the house

and lastly you have more chance of getting kicked to death by a donkey whilst being struck by lighning in a burning place about to crash into a mountain.

In conclusion live your life, don't worry your life away.
I think that's what I said... but with little apparent effect. Yours is clearer.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom