flight from Mo Bay to Ocho Rios, Jamaica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Yes, I did a search :)

Hubby and I are going to Sandals Ocho Rios in August (wedding anniversary and last hurrah before back surgery). Sandals' free bus from the airport takes ~2 1/2 hours. Hubby can't find any short-hop flights cheaper than $300 for both of us.

Does anyone know of any cheaper options?

Yep. it's about 2.5 hours on "country roads" on the bus from Mo bay to Ocho Rios. The driver will stop at a "rest stop" along the way so you can buy refreshments and tourist stuff (at a site he most likely gets a kickback from by stopping there).

Air Jamacia serves the Ocho Rios "Boscobel Aerodrome" as so some small private flight services and charters. We flew out of Ocho Rios on a small charter which was a Cessna 206 (6 seater with 4 people + pilot + luggage, which was about all that plane could handle). Sorry But I can't remember the name of it as it was arranged by the resort and didn't have a name on the plane. Check with Sandals to see if they can arrange a flight. I only mention this as if it's only two of you, a smallar plane might be a better option.

By the way, if you are planning on taking dive gear, don't expect the guys flying the Air Jamacia puddle jumpers (usually twin turbo prop) or the smaller single engine flights to be able to accomadate all your luggage/gear. most of them have a bag or weight limit on baggage. Just FYI and something to think about and to look into.

On the other hand, the bus ride to the Ocho Rios area isn't "that bad" as you get to see a little of the countryside as you drive there. Of course it's pretty boring on the way back though. :)

Try TimAir www.timair.net, the price on the web page is not the price they charge. We've used them numerous times and for 4 people r/t was $380 to Negril, big differance from the $500 on the page...

I'd echo what Mike_s said. Yes the journey is about 2 and a half hours on some rather 'interesting' roads.The roads have improved markedly over the past few years though, so it isn't that bad. I was travelling along that route last week on the way to a dive.
I say save yourself the cash and travel by road. I guarantee it's an experience you won't soon forget.
Plus you get to travel through Fern Gully, quite scenic and memorable. Air Jamaica express does fly from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios though. Here's their website http://www.airjamaica.com/express.asp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom