Flight to Indonesia with intention to go to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The country has lifted most of the restriction and divers are planning to return.
There are already two persons asking for opinion on flight to R4 from USA over last 24hrs. I suspect there will be more coming soon.

Indeed yes. Blue Manta trips for June are discounted about 20 percent I think.

Indeed yes. Blue Manta trips for June are discounted about 20 percent I think.
June trips would be to Labuan Bajo for Komodo, not to Sorong for R4.

If they are still still >16 spots available, as shown in White Manta Diving - Schedules & Rates for KM Blue Manta I’m not sure the trips will be a GO. I have a buddy wanted to go on Blue Manta in June and they are still tentative. He ended up going with Mermaid1 Bali-Komodo-Bali.

My August trip to Sangalaki on White Manta is a GO with 8 spots still available. I already paid off the balance & bought flights from Bali to Berau.

They are filling up slower than anticipated and giving 10% discount to entice people to go. May be due to the rising international flight fare. I used to buy flight fare from Houston to Jakarta for around $1200 on my last trip to R4, Trip Report - Raja Ampat Jan 2020 Trip Report . It’s now about double. I paid $2500 for my August trip.

Yes, Komodo. They include the trip we would have been on. They said in an email they would go with 5.

I believe politic plays a major part why it is so tedious to travel from NA to Indonesia. No such issue to Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.

Last time we went was precovid but it was easy via Singapore.

Last time we went was precovid but it was easy via Singapore.
Singapore is THE place if anyone want connection to other major cities.

The burning issue is the connection to lesser known places and in this case Sorong.
Bali, Jakarta and Manado are the entry ports. Which domestic airline to choose for the subsequent connection?
Air Asia, Garuda, Lion or City Link etc etc.

I sometimes have a hard time staying current on other countries' travel policies. Has Indonesia opened enough to allow international flights / visitors to land in Jakarta and connect to Sorong?

Last I remember seeing was it was limited to Bali as the entry point.

I sometimes have a hard time staying current on other countries' travel policies. Has Indonesia opened enough to allow international flights / visitors to land in Jakarta and connect to Sorong?

Last I remember seeing was it was limited to Bali as the entry point.
There are currently daily nonstops from Jakarta to Sorong. Just check any air travel sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom