Flights....currently cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For those looking to fly rn, I'm finding flights to Bonaire, and across the board in the Carribean to be unusually low. Just booked bos-san jose CR in January, $372 (and good flights). Seems like the time to buy if you're buying! Good luck!

For what time period - when are you going? Book now and fly in January?

For those looking to fly rn, I'm finding flights to Bonaire, and across the board in the Carribean to be unusually low. Just booked bos-san jose CR in January, $372 (and good flights). Seems like the time to buy if you're buying! Good luck!
What is low for Bonaire that you are seeing and from where?

Yes, book now, fly in January.

I was seeing good (normal) flights, for $450 RT out of Boston. That is at least $100 less than I've ever gotten before.

Just did a quick search, I was wrong, $464.
1689797047427.png

Just did a quick search, I was wrong, $464. View attachment 793242
For those of us living in ATL, that same flight ATL-BON is $772 r/t in Basic Economy, or $872 in Main Cabin. Those are what I would call "normal prices" for mid-January--as in, a return to the kind of fares we've seen in years past. Not the crazy fares I've seen more recently.

For those of us living in ATL, that same flight ATL-BON is $772 r/t in Basic Economy, or $872 in Main Cabin. Those are what I would call "normal prices" for mid-January--as in, a return to the kind of fares we've seen in years past. Not the crazy fares I've seen more recently.
Half the distance but 50% more.

Just did a quick search, I was wrong, $464. View attachment 793242
Keep in mind that this is the only Delta flight leaving BOS that day, and there is only a 40 minute layover in ATL. All other flights that day are AA, and are $3000.00+ per person.

I tried a 50 minute layover in ATL once, swore I would never put myself through that again.

Erik

That’s crazy! It’s the same flight that @soldsoul4foos is showing out of BOS! I also noticed that it is the only flight out of ATL to BON that day, which males the 40 minute layover more critical.

That’s crazy! It’s the same flight that @soldsoul4foos is showing out of BOS! I also noticed that it is the only flight out of ATL to BON that day, which males the 40 minute layover more critical.
It has always been that way. Atlantans are beholden to Delta. If we want to travel somewhere, the most convenient—and sometimes the only—flight is more than likely Delta. A couple of times when my wife and I felt like saying screw you to Delta, we drove a couple of hours from Atlanta to Birmingham, AL, overnighted in a motel, and took a flight from Birmingham connecting through Atlanta to Bonaire. Even factoring in the cost of gas and motel, it was a hundred bucks cheaper per person than taking the same plane but starting in Atlanta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom