FLL DIVER and CBULLA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FLL DIVER mentioned a reefsweep with oceanwatch.org in the Conch Diver Forum. CBulla ran with it, organizing a party afterwards to boot. Motels were sought out, food was brought, and everybody had a good time cleaning the pier and the party that followed.
Both get KUDOS for a job well done. Over 15 SB divers showed up to clean the reef, contributing to the collection of 3209lbs of trash at the site.
Good job Guys! :yelclap:

Ahh, shucks. T'wernt nothin'. Really. No I mean it, I really didn't do anything.

But thanks for the kind words.

Marc

Very cool! Good going guys!

:balloon

It was a grand ol' time, but any time we all get together we seem to have fun. CBulla was great at organizing the after dive party and motel.

By the way has anyone heard what the total lbs. of all the sites were? Also did Scuba Board get an honorable mention from Oceanwatch for everyone being there and for using our tent for their base?

Wildbill:cop_2:

Thanks ya'll :) I enjoyed the whole weekend!! It was my first whole weekend off in quite a while and I couldn't have asked for better company or dives to spend the time. One amendment on the weight, what we were told was actually 100# of the total, it was 3309# total, which really made my night when I spoke to Rose about it.

Oceanwatch has not yet had a press release or any official posts to their site regarding this - but when they do, I'll post it!! :D

Great work! Congrats to all.

Outstanding to the both of you.

Paul

I got mine letter yesterday. It was nice to see that we collected TWICE the amount of trash of the other pier. And what a great day of diving and surface intervals. Great planning guys. I can't wait for the next one.

(And I can't wait to put my official Ocean Watch mini cooler to use. And my refrigerator magnet, my bumper sticker... :wink: )

-G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom