Flooded my MR11 HID.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I killed my light today. In my rush to get the gear on in a rocking inflatable boat on the ocean, I missed one of the clips for the battery canister. Light actually stayed on the whole dive too. Once back in the boat I noticed water in the light head, then I checked the battery and found the lid was only half on. So the battery is toast. I'm sure the wire needs to be changed. I'm thinking about sending the whole mess to dive rite and have them rebuild it to an LED with a new battery. What do you guys think? It's actually a stealth dive canister- and they are out of business, but the head is a dive rite MR11...

Salt water under pressure...unforgiving

Depends what the pressure was inside the canister during the dive, but if it was the ambient pressure then salt water would have gone up the insulation and your cable will corrode, either already or soon.

I've flooded torches before and very few parts end up salvageable. I'd be having a close look at every single part.

It happens

Mac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom