Flooded ys-90dx, some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lumin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I flooded the battery compartment of my ys-90dx today and I was wondering if:

1. I can put the entire thing in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean out the acid from the battery compartment.

2. what chance there are that the unit is still working after a clean up.

Thanks.

Don't know, but when I flooded one, the water got into the rest of the housing as well and totally trashed it. I wrote to S&S, but they chalked it up as "user error", my problem, not theirs.

Don't know, but when I flooded one, the water got into the rest of the housing as well and totally trashed it. I wrote to S&S, but they chalked it up as "user error", my problem, not theirs.
Got impatient so i threw it in and cleaned it out, working fine now, so I guess the battery compartment is somewhat watertight.

Hi Lumin- the battery compartments are sealed and should not leak into the main compartment if flooded. You may eventually experience some corrosion on the contacts in the batt compartment which would require service. But if all os working now, then great!

Hi Lumin- the battery compartments are sealed and should not leak into the main compartment if flooded. You may eventually experience some corrosion on the contacts in the batt compartment which would require service. But if all os working now, then great!
Thanks for the reply, since I used an ultrasonic cleaner for 30 min i think most if not all corrosion and acid was removed (it looks like it at least). But I do however see that the chrome on the contacts on the battery door has started to peel off. I assume that the chrome isn't the main conducting material so it should be fine and not need a battery door replacement?

If necessary, replacement battery caps are available and can be ordered through your LDS or here.

Thanks for the reply, since I used an ultrasonic cleaner for 30 min i think most if not all corrosion and acid was removed (it looks like it at least). But I do however see that the chrome on the contacts on the battery door has started to peel off. I assume that the chrome isn't the main conducting material so it should be fine and not need a battery door replacement?

Hi Lumin,
Which solution did you use in your ultrasonic cleaner?
Regards.
Ramon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom