Florida Dive This July 27-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay

Contributor
Reaction score
When: July 27-28 (Next Saturday and Sunday)

Where: Williston, Florida

What: Springs called, "Blue Grotto" and "Devil's Den." Check them out at http://www.sfdj.com/springs_issue/bgrotto.htm and http://www.devilsden.com/

Who: I'm SeaJay, a newbie (a dozen dives so far) in love with sport diving. Jason, my PADI instructor (a recreational diver with some 3500 dives), my girlfriend (Mrs. South Carolina 1999), a few experienced but recreational divers from South Carolina, and a class of Jason's earning their PADI OW certification. Yeah, it's going to be a mild dive for most of us, but the location is simply amazing, and there's plenty of tech diving to be done... If you want to get extreme, then feel free to buddy up and get extreme, and just hang out with us newbies during the surface interval, . :)

I'd like to open this invitation to all divers of all skill levels. There's lots to see and do, and there's bound to be newbies and experienced alike, although we have every expectation that people will probably move to what interests them in the water. Buddies can be arranged, as can rental gear, etc. There's already about ten of us going, and as far as we are concerned, the more the merrier, so long as everybody knows that there's different strokes for different folks.

Many of us, me included, would love to get the chance to see many different dive configurations, including DIR, backplates, back inflates, etc. Please come if you can.

The cost of the trip, which includes hotel Saturday night, park entrance fees, and two tank fills, is only $115. Nondivers can come for a mere cost of $30 each, so if you want to bring someone who's not diving, it's affordable. There's even great snorkeling too, apparently, so they can even get wet if they aren't certified, should they want to.

There's people coming from all over the place, so if transportation's an issue, let us know and we may be able to arrange a ride/carpooling.

Please let us know so that we can make arrangements for you. Hope to see you there!

My email address is SeaJay@BMWDrivers.org

Originally posted by SeaJay
and there's plenty of tech diving to be done... If you want to get extreme, then feel free to buddy up and get extreme, and just hang out with us newbies during the surface interval, . :)

With all due respect, there is nothing technical or extreme about diving at either of these places. However, y'all should have a good time anyway. Have Fun.

Back
Top Bottom