Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChainSaw0069

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Myself and 5 friends are diving the Fort Lauderdale area this week. Water is kinda choppy topside, bottom doesnt seem bad. Not sure what tommorrow or the rest of the week holds. Can anyone tell us if the conditions are more favoriable for divng the Keys or are they about the same as Fort Lauderdale.
If the dive here gets scrapped we may drive South. Is there any good spots for shore diving or can you suggest a charter that goes out in the afternoon?
Thanks

Joe

Myself and 5 friends are diving the Fort Lauderdale area this week. Water is kinda choppy topside, bottom doesnt seem bad. Not sure what tommorrow or the rest of the week holds. Can anyone tell us if the conditions are more favoriable for divng the Keys or are they about the same as Fort Lauderdale.
If the dive here gets scrapped we may drive South. Is there any good spots for shore diving or can you suggest a charter that goes out in the afternoon?
Thanks

Joe

The Upper Keys marine forecast is calling for 3-5' seas outside the reef line all the way through Sunday but the Palm Beach through Miami forecast looks pretty good for Friday and the weekend. You might get out on some shallower stuff in the Keys over the next two days and come back up here for the Friday and weekend dives.
FRIDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING 5 TO 10 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. IN THE GULF STREAM...SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 FEET OR LESS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

FRIDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS AROUND 5 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS SMOOTH.

SATURDAY
SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS SMOOTH.

SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING WEST. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SUNDAY
NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Hey Joe,

Our dives today to Molasses Reef were good. 1 to 3 foot seas and 60' on the vis. Seems like when diving is sloppy north of here, the Keys diving is good.

You can get our daily Captain dive log, see what dives we're doing, and book online by going to our Dive Reservation Calendar.

Good Diving,

Thanks, I wont know for an hour if this morning is a wash out but from a look at the ocean I think it is. We are planning on heading south as a back up plan.
Divegirl I would love to shore dive this weekend. Friday W go back to Venice for a morning of Sharktooth diving and then back to Maryland on Sat.

We had an Excellent dive with Conch Republic. Thank You for the suggestion. Im going to go dive with them later in the year. We dove 2 wrecks today with the American Dream 2. Great dives also and tommorrow we are going to be diving for sharks teeth in Venice. Again Thanks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom