Florida: Terrible Fish Kill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the state wants to impose more and more restrictions on fishing and diving while they authorize the dumping of more and more, terribly polluted water into the critical estuaries (which are nurseries)..

It's disgusting. And your right, get caught with a short fish/out of season harvest and the govt. will take your boat and truck. Meanwhile govt. kills thousands of fish and marine life and no repercussions. Here you have these assholes wanting to ban access to "protect" the reef and then they polute the water and dump sand all over the reefs with their beach renourishment.

I would love to see an organized revolt on fishing license purchases and other ways to make a statement and hit their funding.

Ghastly. I expected to see ugly photos, but when there are so many fish corpses floating it's hard to see the water, that's vile. Ah, but will it lead to meaningful change to reduce risk of recurrence? Not holding my breath...

Richard.

And the state wants to impose more and more restrictions on fishing and diving while they authorize the dumping of more and more, terribly polluted water into the critical estuaries (which are nurseries)..

Where did it say that the state of Florida authorized dumping?

Back
Top Bottom