flower gardens operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Besides the Spree and the Fling, does anyone else have trips to the Flower Gardens? I once found another boat that claimed to take less divers, have better food and less crowded berths. but I can't find them now.

TwoBitTxn:
Sea Searcher II.

There are some small operators who make runs to Stetson when the weather is really good.

TwoBit

About how much do trips to the Flower Gardens run? None of the websites seem to show any prices.

DaFireMedic:
About how much do trips to the Flower Gardens run? None of the websites seem to show any prices.

About $400 for a W/E 2 day trip (7 dives). A little cheaper for the weekday 2 day trip. Around $500 for the weekday 3 day trip (11 dives). Nitrox costs extra. Plus tips.

shaggie:
Besides the Spree and the Fling, does anyone else have trips to the Flower Gardens? I once found another boat that claimed to take less divers, have better food and less crowded berths. but I can't find them now.

I hear these guys are better: SeaSearcherII

Both operators only work with dive shops. No direct bookings. The dive shops are allowed to charge what they wish, but there is a market rate. You can click on the calender for the spree and the fling and find shops that book with them. Then go to the shop websites and find trip rates. There is some variance ,but seldom more than about $10.

Sea Searcher and the gulf diving boats each have their advantages. A short list of the differences:

Gulf Diving:
Nice sun deck
Bigger boat
More people
Nitrox on board

Sea Searcher:
A little smaller boat
Less people on board
No Sun Deck
No Nitrox

IMHO: The gardens were built for Nitrox. I won't dive it any other way.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Sea Searcher II.

There are some small operators who make runs to Stetson when the weather is really good.

TwoBit

I'd be REALLY interested in knowing who goes to Stetson! In many ways I liked the diving there better than the FG.

Thanks for all the input, does anyone know how much $$ seasearcher II trips go for?

Back
Top Bottom