Flying after diving. Researchers could use your help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since when is the departure airport important?

Maybe altitude? E.g., China's Daocheng Yading Airport is at an elevation of 14,472' above sea level; the Dead Sea airport (Queen Alia) is at -1,349'.

Cheers,

DocVikingo

Good point, Doc. I thought it was just another data point to collect to help with analysis. In other words, they can ask where you dived without getting 500 different ways of saying "The Keys" (or wherever you dived).

Since the survey design is mostly open-ended questions, I feel for the person(s) who has to clean and prepare the data for analysis. If they plan to run the survey for a good long time, which I expect they will because they'll need a large number of participants to get any statistically significant findings, maybe they can revise this version with dropdown lists for common or limited responses and buttons that allow the respondent to choose Fahrenheit or Celsius and feet or meters.

Are there divers here that use surface oxygen to shorten the time between diving and flying? That would be an interesting point too I think for the survey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom