Flying and gauges.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TostitoBandito:
I carried mine on to Belize and back last week. The only problems I had were the 5/8" wrench and hex wrench that I had in the bag with my regs for changing hoses. Those got confiscated because apparently tools of any kind aren't allowed on planes anymore. They had no problems with the regs or my computer though.

I recently had a similar experience in Cozumel. Carry on security confiscated my scuba tool (wrench and hex set), a pair of needle nose pliers and a retractor (because the wire could be used as a weapon). Other than that, had no problems with carrying on my regs and other equipment.

When we went to Hawaii last August, we carried on our regs and computer. The TSA X-ray person didn't recognize it so they did a bag check. The guy doing the check opened it up saw what it was and asked how I liked my Cobra. Nice little chat actually, not everyone in the TSA is inexperienced.

By the way, the TSA is not at all consistent. I travel regularly and every airport has its own little rules, about half of which I'll bet aren't written down anywhere.

I've said this before, two small bags work better checked than one large one. The large one is the one that frequently doesn't show up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom