Flying to Truk (Chuuk) From Western Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian1968

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The thread title speaks for itself. For those of you who have done it....how in the bloody blue blazes did you do it? Routing and layovers and whatnot. Been looking online and it almost seems like "you can't get there from here".

Thanks in advance.
B

LA to HOnolulu to Guam to Truk

Or

Vancouver to Honolulu to Guam to Truk

or

Honolulu to Truk via the island hopper which goes to Marshalls, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Truk, Guam

Or N.America to Japan to Guam to Truk

Or N. America to Manila to Guam to Truk

Any way you go you are with Continental from Guam to Truk....

www.continental.com

Continental are the ones that fly in to Chuuk and they have changed their schedule since I was there in December. I'm not sure about the layovers now.
There is a 50lb per bag limit, which sucks. I was coming from Mexico so I flew out of LA but going through Vancouver is a good route for you. Why don't you stop in Yap to see Mike, it's on the way. :D
Palau is terrific too.

Brian1968:
The thread title speaks for itself. For those of you who have done it....how in the bloody blue blazes did you do it? Routing and layovers and whatnot. Been looking online and it almost seems like "you can't get there from here".

Thanks in advance.
B

Should'nt the tour organizer himself "BDJ" and not you be looking into this? This is why you get to pay the big bucks to do a trip like that.

Ron

I went Continental all the way: Detroit to Huston; Huston to Hawaii; Hawaii to Guam; and Guam to Truk. Short layovers in Huston, Hawaii and Guam. It was a long, long, day, about 22 hrs. and the Capt. on the Thorfinn insisted on giving us an orientation before we went to bed.:( I heard very little; we were all dead tired.

Ron Brandt:
Should'nt the tour organizer himself "BDJ" and not you be looking into this? This is why you get to pay the big bucks to do a trip like that.

Ron

Ah, but there was no tour when I posted this, Ron. :wink:

grrrr - what mike vietch said

im trying to figure out easier ways to get to Yap via Guam... talked to the travel agent last week about going via Manila but it was going to cost twice as much she said.

i suppose the one good thing is if it was so easy to get to it would be overcrowed by tourists and condos by now :D

sorry! you can teach me some home correct next time i see you Mikey.... havent seen your name in print lately to remind me how to spell it

looking forward to your next magainze cover!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom