FNG here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlocked!!

Registered
Reaction score
Hey scubaboard, another new guy here. Been reading/lurking over the years, thought what the hell, why not register. This way I can ask a question when needed to learn something form you all I may not know, or to contribute now and then on subjects I do know something about.

I am a medical professional and got my introduction to diving while on a hospital medical staff vacation/get-away to Costa Rica in 1996. Loved it! Got back to the states and called a good friend and told him what I had done and that he would love it too. We enrolled in a PADI OW course. Received my OW cert in 1996 doing shore dives off Laguna and boat dives off Catalina and Anacapa Islands. Did a number of shore dives and boat dives after getting certified. Then due to time, funds, and circumstances, I was not able to keep up with diving for a few years. Decided to get back into it recently. My wife also got the bug and we enrolled her in a PADI OW course which she is almost done with. One more OW dive session and she will have completed the course requirements. I retook the class too since it was a long enough while being out of the sport that I felt I needed to completely refresh my skills and get thoroughly checked out by a pro before jumping back in the water. I did need to replace my 7 mm wetsuit as it seems that it "shrunk" a little since I last used it :eyebrow:, and my Tusa mask aged enough that it was uncomfortable and required clearing every few seconds since it would no longer make a good seal.

We have a little trip coming up to Belize :cool2: in a couple of weeks, so we will get to do some warm water sub-tropical diving.

Open to any and all suggestions and recommendations. Now that I am married and my wife is taking to it like a fish, I plan on sticking with diving this time.

Cheers!

Welcome landlocked-FNG! Enjoy your trip to Belize and be sure to give us a trip report, including your new buddy/wife's take. Nothing like a little warm water/pretty fishies as a reward to cold water diving. And I have that same shrinking wetsuit problem:D ~ 2 nearly new 7 ml farmer janes waiting for the day I can fit into them again!

Back
Top Bottom