Follow up questions after booking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. We rent from Budget at the airport but AB Carrental is likely cheaper and will pick you up - and when you drop the car shuttle you and luggage back to the airport. On the arrival side I believe they send a cab driver with your name on his sign.
2. witz case buy at LeisurePro - one of the thinner ones since there's less stress on the o-ring.
3. Nothing you can't stand to lose. We just piled our gear loose on the back seat and even left bags etc. at the apt.
4. I doubt it - in your case just walk over to Dive Friends after you arrive - if it's early enough in the day they'll do your BMP orientation the same day and let you get wet. We actually found it more convenient to rent tanks at any of the resorts we dove from instead of lugging ours from the parking lot - most shops stage them on the dive docks.

I know of two thefts personally on Bonaire - one was stupid, they left cellphones, sunglasses etc. "hidden" under the seat and once somebody at Buddy's - an American - grabbed the inflator hose off a SB member's wife's BC on his way to the airport. I left my video camera between the seats once when we parked the truck downtown - it was still there hours later. We never locked all week and it was Divefest that week so busier than normal.

From what I've read recently, more and more car key fobs are electronic on Bonaire now...progress.

I have used a case like that for my phone for on the water activities, but would not dive with that sort of case holding anything I really needed to keep dry. (The particular case you link to is only rated to 10 ft and doesn't even get good reviews at that.) As a general rule the ziploc or roll top styles of bags seem intended for splashing or a shallow dip but not serious immersion like diving. I'd go with a small oring sealed hard case if you really need such a thing. Or an old dive light without the batteries can make a good case for small things.

I had a very similar experience like CMTN...my waterproof dry box case came loose from the carabiner and floated off. Be sure to secure it with a strap.. We were at Bari reef. I was able to walk over and use the phone at Dive Friends next door at Den Laman Condos...they were a great help. The folks at Buddy Dive were able to bring me another key.

Anyone use something like this for electronic key fobs? Seattle Sports E-Merse Clear Waterproof Case

I use a waterproof pouch like this all the time but I admit I've never had to carry an electronic fob diving. Mine is very waterproof, if not 100% waterproof. I'm never sure if the few drops of water that develop in it over a week are the result of leakage or just water getting in when i open and close it. ether way, a square of toilet paper is more than enough to absorb it.
I think i might be a little concerned with the pressure though. I don;t know what 3-4 ATM would do to one, or if the button would be held down for a hour or something

Reactions: mbs

That's probably closer to the one I have. Actually I have several options with that type of closure. One is a bag with a hard extension for an extendable camera lens. The only thing I would need to keep dry is an electronic key if we are stuck with one. I'll ask when I get to Bonaire next week what the rental agency suggests. I'm sure they have had the question before.

I don't want to take a hard case - adds more to my buoyancy and takes up room in my butt pouch. It will destroy my underwater profile with a floating butt pouch for all those selfies I'm planning on taking (LOL). Yes that WAS sarcasm.

Back
Top Bottom