Folly Cove Oct.7th Pics and Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
Pictures are: HERE

Had a great dive. 30ft vis. No waves.

Met Matt and Mer for a very nice cape ann dive (2 actually).

53 degree water. 50 minute 1st dive, 40min. second.

Saw tons of crabs, several lobsters, flock of stripers while we were swimming out to start the dive, urchins, fluke, some type of ray/skate, and some fish.

Gotta go rinse my gear... Matt and Meredith can add their reports.

Definitely a great day for diving. With a SE wind, calm seas, and high tide approaching as we prepared for our first dive, Folly Cove was a great choice (thanks Cape Ann Divers for the recommendation).

The vis was awesome...at least 20-25 feet, in places 30. The entire left side of the cove is a very nice wall dive where you get to see a lot of the neat things that Rax shows in his pictures.

The right side is also pretty interesting, although not so much so as the left.

All in all, two very nice dives in a great spot. And the best part, we got to dive with and induct one of the newest NELD members, Mer.

Matt

Excellent pics! I was thinking of you out there and feeling VERY jealous! Can't wait until I can dive again!

Are you going to post the pics from RI?

Welcome MER! I will warn you about Rax and his camera, he can be dangerous!

shellbird once bubbled...

Welcome MER! I will warn you about Rax and his camera, he can be dangerous!

Thank you for the warm welcome from Shellbird and the rest of the board. I think I'm beginning to notice that Ken's sketchy camera, thus the "what is this" thread. I'm beginning to think that he brings the camera just so he doesn't have to tow the dive flag! :wink: <snicker> The pictures are great Rax... thanks for posting them.

It was great diving with you Rax and Matt. I hope to meet more of the Lobster Divahs soon.

I'll have to post my report later... cause I'm supposed to be at work soon.

Til then,
Mer

He is incorrigible!! C-Otter - can't you do something to keep him out of trouble???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom