Folly Cove Report 1/5/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fencingfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Orion612004 and I did Folly Cove this morning. High tide was at 11:34 and we were in the water at around 10:45. It was the highest tide I've seen at Folly. The entry was easy and we could drop down almost immediately. Visibility was stunning at about 25'. Dove the left side wall and from the start of the dive were impressed with the amount of life. Saw about 4 different species of nudibranch, clam worms, a small grubby, the resident northern red, and some sand lances. Didn't go all the way to the point, didn't feel the need to, used the northern red as the turn around point. Max depth 38fsw, total dive time 60 minutes, temperatures between 39-41 degrees F. Absolutely wonderful dive.

Nice report. Been itching to get back out and do some local diving. I'm assuming you guys were diving dry?

Thanks for the report, The Bay looks really clear :D

Thanks for the report I really like Folly Cove. Porgyhunter, this is where you and I should plan a dive. Soon.

Yeah Jordan...Dove there quite a few times. Really not that far from me, by the way hows that new dry suit?

Any lobstahas in there? Usually they're swarming when I dive that site at night-time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom