Fool's April MegaDive, April 1st-3rd 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay...

FOOD LIST GOES HERE!!! I still have to talk to the wife about what she wants to haul all the way down there....lol.

What we need are people volunteering to bring foodstuffs for the group meals which we usually have to grill or warm up on a grill, napkins, plates, utensils, drinks and of course desserts. We also need sandwich or freezer bags(zip-lock kind), eggs, omelet add-ins (These include pre-cooked bacon, cooked sausage (various types), peppers, onions, chives, mushrooms or anything else you can imagine in an omelet. If you want to save space, we usually store and serve these in the omelet line in freezer bags, so just store them in the freezer bag to save space and time.). Just add what you want on the main thread, or message me, and I'll add it to the master list so its all in one place, and people can see it without scrolling through the entire thread to see whats already being brought. For meal planning purposes, group meals are usually Saturday morning breakfast, Saturday dinnertime, and Sunday breakfast. Any questions, just ask in the thread, and awaaaaaaaay we go.

Wow, normally I'm usually babbling about some rabid otter joke...

So uhhhhh...beware the rabid otters or whatnot. There you go, the requisite rabid otter joke.

I will bring MEAT CANDY!!! The jokes will not stop about everyone loving the kilted man's meat candy. I hope to be able to camp both nights. Finances at the time will dictate that. I have new grilling gear and camping gear I want to season. Jenny brings the rumtote and I bring the banner.

You diving this time Ken? The otters miss you.

And I'm not touching the meat candy. Ya:dork2:

Ok, here is the rundown.
Oktoberfest Megadive 2010 - Fri., Apr. 1 - Sun., Apr. 3rd.
Come 1 day or the whole weekend.​

All are welcome. This event is open to all dive levels, newbie OW, all the way to full cave certification. If you don't have a buddy, don't worry, there are a bunch of us and there's always someone ready for a dive! Diving is set at your own pace, when and where you want in between eating and sleeping. The only dive that is a scheduled dive will be the galaxy dive around dusk on Sat. evening. As it is a family event, there are plenty of non divers and kids too.

Ginnie Springs has a full service dive shop and a pretty nice little store. They also rent canoes, kayaks and tubes for use on the river. Check out their website below for further info, park maps and directions.
Florida Staycation vacation place for scuba diving & Florida ecotourism
Or give them a call at Ginnie Springs Outdoors 1-386-454-7188

When you get to Ginnie Springs, you'll need to check in the Main Office, tell them you are with ScubaBoard as we are hoping to get a discount. Also let them know if you have AAA on anything else that might get you a discount. If you check in on Friday and won't be diving until Sat., go ahead and pay for your diving then and get your wrist bands. It can get really busy on Sat. and you don't want to waste your time waiting in line again. We have the Turkey Roost area reserved. Most of us will be tent camping. Some though do stay in town at the motel, but you'll miss a lot of the fun... There isn't electricity where we're camping, but the are several taps with running water and grills. There is electricity at the pavilion and the bathrooms w/showers are a short walk away. Don't forget to bring chairs for around the fire and bug spray is the bugs like you. No need to make reservations, but sign up on this thread and let us know how many are attending and what you'll be bringing to pitch in.

Friday- All meals will be on your own. Some will go out to dinner; some will cook at the campsite. It's up to you.
Campfire - a little smores, a little music, a little singing, a little drinking(BYOB) or not, keeping it mild in anticipation of the big day of diving on Sat.
Saturday-
Brekky - MegaOmlettes, group buffet style. Not to be missed...
Lunch- On your own.
Dinner - Group buffet style somewhere around 5:00. Bring something to share.. Read the latest post on whos attending and what their bringing to see what is still needed. Then copy the list, add you name/names and what your bringing.
Galaxy Dive - Around dusk. Not to be missed...
Campfire -a lot of music, a lot of singing, a lot of drinking(BYOB) or not. Just lots of fun! Not to be missed...
Sunday
Brekky-
MegaOmlettes group style.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
And Tao, has anyone told you that you have a beautiful eye?

Why yes...now gaze deeeeeeeeply into it.

Megadivers Attending and Food List
Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and nondiet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omlettes (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (selfstarting)
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce)
Sturdy paper plates (no styrofoam please)
Plastic silverware (we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don"t forget the deserts!)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)

So just pick something to bring and add your name to the list.
Hope this helps! :D

If you are camping Friday-Sunday do you have to pay $30.00 per diver for each day or do they have a one time fee for divers who are camping?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom