Fool's April MegaDive, April 1st-3rd 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, now that Christmas is past and the New Year is here, we can turn our attention to more important things.

Most particularly, the spring MegaDive! :D

Who is coming, what are you bringing, and why aren't you bringing Jenny some rum?:shocked2:

Sorry to steal your thunder, Ken, but I absolutely HAD to own the name.

Let it rip!!

Well, I guess it would be wise to let the uninitiated in on just what a MegaDive is.

Ginnie Springs is commercial campground/dive park located on the banks of the Santa Fe River, up above Gainseville. Twice a year, a whole bunch of ScubaBoard'rs meet there for a 3 day weekend. Friday is showup day, with usually a few people diving. Friday night is a campfire. Saturday morning is community breakfast with omelets cooked in Ziploc bags. Saturday is the big dive day, with cave dives for those properly trained, cavern dives, OW dives, possibly river drift dives, tube floats down the river, swimming, snorkeling, animal watching, Saturday afternoon is a community dinner, with a large variety of food available. Just after dark there is a Galaxy Dive in the Ballroom cavern, something that has to be experienced to be understood. Then the big bonfire night, with merrymaking until ? Sunday morning is MegaOmelets in a bag again, followed by packing up and departing.

If you like diving, meeting many great people, eating, relaxing, swimming, late night fires, then you will absolutely LOVE this event.

The website for the park is Florida Staycation vacation place for scuba diving & Florida ecotourism . Camping and diving rates are posted on their website, though sometimes we manage to negotiate a small discount.

Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Cool Beans! Looking forward to it!!

And yes. Bringing the rum tote. :wink:

Isn't plagiarism the greatest form of flattery?

How much can be done diving for those of us that are not cave/cavern trained? (just aow)

Plenty. I am not cave/cavern, and I usually get in 3-4 dives, depending on logistics. Early morning ballroom. Afternoon river run or whatever. Galaxy dive at night. Drink rum. :D

What, no posts since the 4th?!?

You guys are just skeered of the grass skirt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom