For all You Advanced Snorkelers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose none of the criticizers in this thread has heard of the concept of redundancy?

I saw one of those full face mask snorkels today. It had a snorkel on the left and right.....ridiculous.

What if a SPECTRE bad guy cuts one of the snorkel tubes with his BFK? This dude you saw is ready for anything.

Reactions: JFS
I suppose none of the criticizers in this thread has heard of the concept of redundancy?

What if a SPECTRE bad guy cuts one of the snorkel tubes with his BFK? This dude you saw is ready for anything.
Its always good to be properly trained in advanced snorkelling techniques and to always be self reliant.

Now that's just plain silly and all of you people agreeing with him are silly too! I mean fer crying out loud! If you carry them clipped together and something drastic happens to one, it'll happen to the other one too. You have to carry them in separate places.

I carry my primary snorkel stuck in the straps of my RBFK. (The R stands for Really) My Secondary snorkel is stuck in the knife straps on my other RBFK. (This R stands for Really too) You have two legs, right? One RBFK with snorkel for each leg. My Tertiary snorkel is clipped to the inside of my BCD. (Right next to my NBFK. (The N stands for Normal) My fourth back up snorkel is strapped to my left forearm, right next to my LFK. (That's L for Little) I decided against a fifth one because I was running out of places to strap one on. It was difficult choice: One more snorkel or seven line cutters and five flares.

I prefer the JBS-69 for inverted snorkeling but I understand it’s not for everybody. All IMHO, YMMV. It’s a big ocean…DSFDF 🤿

Now that's just plain silly and all of you people agreeing with him are silly too! I mean fer crying out loud! If you carry them clipped together and something drastic happens to one, it'll happen to the other one too. You have to carry them in separate places.

I carry my primary snorkel stuck in the straps of my RBFK. (The R stands for Really) My Secondary snorkel is stuck in the knife straps on my other RBFK. (This R stands for Really too) You have two legs, right? One RBFK with snorkel for each leg. My Tertiary snorkel is clipped to the inside of my BCD. (Right next to my NBFK. (The N stands for Normal) My fourth back up snorkel is strapped to my left forearm, right next to my LFK. (That's L for Little) I decided against a fifth one because I was running out of places to strap one on. It was difficult choice: One more snorkel or seven line cutters and five flares.
Sounds like your a technical snorkeller. Thats some serious training.

Then the mask would flood.

Sounds like your a technical snorkeller. Thats some serious training.
Lol...That should be Capitalized! Technical Snorkeler. Truthfully, I only carry one snorkel but I do carry it without fail. I carry enough other oddball stuff that gets some raised eyebrows. I saw something on a dive once when I was a kid that was really bad and bloody so I always carry a tourniquet. It's better to have and not need that to need and not have.

Lol...That should be Capitalized! Technical Snorkeler. Truthfully, I only carry one snorkel but I do carry it without fail. I carry enough other oddball stuff that gets some raised eyebrows. I saw something on a dive once when I was a kid that was really bad and bloody so I always carry a tourniquet. It's better to have and not need that to need and not have.
One time I saw a diver had their snorkel attached with velcro to their bcd. Get a roll up one and keep in your pocket, less chance of losing it. Can always use a dive belt for tourniquet......always be prepared for emergencies none the less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom