For the most awesome dive experience you'll ever have!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing about lobsters, but
New MPA rules as of October 1, 2014;
(A) Vessels shall be allowed to transit through MPAs and MMAs
with catch onboard. Fishing gear shall not be deployed in the water
while transiting through a state marine reserve. Fishing gear, except
legal fishing gear used to take species identified as allowed for take
in subsection 632(b), shall not be deployed in the water while
transiting through a state marine recreational management area, state
marine park or state marine conservation area.

(B) Spearfishermen with or without catch shall be allowed to
transit through MPAs and MMAs. While transiting MPAs and MMAs that
prohibit spearfishing or while in possession of species not identified
as allowed for take in the MPA or MMA being transited, spearfishing gear
shall be in an unloaded condition, not carried in hand, and the diver
shall remain at the surface."

The few on this thread who brag about violating regulations are the entire reason the rest of the decent folks have to live and dive and harvest by all of these regulations. Sad. Truly sad the selfishness of some people in our society are. Sorry for the good people who live in California, but to the rest of us we all look at Kalifornia and how over-regulated you are, but it's the few selfish, narcissistic like those posting here that probably have caused you to be.

What are you going to do get a search warrant to check my freezer ?:D

Actually, Fish & Game searches are administrative- once they have a reasonable belief you may have been engaged in fishing or hunting activities, they have a right to search, even without a warrant. There was a case that came out on that a couple years ago involving a guy who was seen fishing for bugs off a pier, loaded them in his truck and took off. Officer pulled him over and searched his truck a few blocks from the pier and found lobster, some undersized, all caught illegally. Court said it was a legal search.

Just FYI.

holy cow!! where the heck are you most from? Bleeding? Catch a bug, twist it's tail off and if any ooze gets on deck it's a jelly. Just cook it or lime it. If you want to keep lobster in groups, put some kelp into the bag. Bring it home and twist the tail off and eat it, gently microwaved for a few minutes with butter!

The few on this thread who brag about violating regulations are the entire reason the rest of the decent folks have to live and dive and harvest by all of these regulations. Sad. Truly sad the selfishness of some people in our society are. Sorry for the good people who live in California, but to the rest of us we all look at Kalifornia and how over-regulated you are, but it's the few selfish, narcissistic like those posting here that probably have caused you to be.

You keep voting the same liberal demarcates into office who make these " over-regulated " laws.
Why don't you run for office and change things ? It was F&G who denied divers from going to the outer islands.
Instead of giving lip service here on the board, yeah run for office.

Actually all 'we' wish here, is for you people to stay 'there' and stop moving 'here', but you won't stop doing it. :rofl3:

You keep voting the same liberal demarcates into office who make these " over-regulated " laws.
Why don't you run for office and change things ? It was F&G who denied divers from going to the outer islands.
Instead of giving lip service here on the board, yeah run for office.

Hey, everyone remember that hundred year-or-so period where people could take abalone south of San Francisco Bay? Or remember that people used to be able to find intertidal abalone in southern California? And then abused the crap out of that? People are really, really bad at collectively self-regulating.

I remember when there was a "Gentlemen's Agreement" not to take abalone around Palos Verdes in the 70s and 80s. See how well that worked? So many people feel that their small contribution to the depletion of game doesn't matter but it adds up quickly.

Max as hard as it may be to understand regulations...fact is follow them and without the personal attachment to all organisms on the planet...experience life and although you may not understand there are others that share this world, try to focus more on your footprint than justifying it by "I'm telling on you" to not seeing what you and your bote does. As a true Oceanic Explorer...A part of Hardcore we wish you the best in your future misunderstandings. We'll give you time to figure it out.

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 01:17 PM ----------

I know now how to get relevance on this site!

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 01:20 PM ----------

Actually all 'we' wish here, is for you people to stay 'there' and stop moving 'here', but you won't stop doing it. :rofl3:
Move to Coloradao? Why?

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 01:22 PM ----------

Hey, everyone remember that hundred year-or-so period where people could take abalone south of San Francisco Bay? Or remember that people used to be able to find intertidal abalone in southern California? And then abused the crap out of that? People are really, really bad at collectively self-regulating.

No Sorry red instead I don't remember that 100 yr period. Were you there? That's more than awesome!! please feel free to elaborate on the experience! Love to hear what you saw there!

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 01:25 PM ----------

I remember when there was a "Gentlemen's Agreement" not to take abalone around Palos Verdes in the 70s and 80s. See how well that worked? So many people feel that their small contribution to the depletion of game doesn't matter but it adds up quickly.

Max you are nothing less than a king on this site. A god of sorts. My suggestion to you is stay off and out of the water, because of how much you disturb and kill while gathering your (hate to say it,) less than quality images. I know professional uw photographers that I can suggest to you to take better images....It's just an observation. :)

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 02:01 PM ----------

Max did you get any lobster? I did! 1. and 15 minutes after...I had it's just legal deveined twistede off tail in a microwave for 1.5 mins on one side...and 1.5 mins on the other in a paper bowl with 1/4 inch of water. Done deal...Then drained the water, with scissors cut top and bottom shell off, peeled that off! And put less than an 1/8 cube of butter on it to run another 15 seconds in the microwave....If I wasn't myself I would've been the perfect satisfied date on earth. But I was a chef sensation...the next day others were handing me pure tail to whip up the local flavor. Not store bought. The real deal!

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 02:03 PM ----------

forgive me for the extra d please.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom