Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it was a beautiful day and I thought I might have a quick sip of Stolichnaya Vodka before jumping over with the Ankel fins...and hooked up my Hooka hose and jumped over. Such a nice day in a Santa Cruz Island cove..The " Haik " was anchored and the next thing I knew I was anchored at 40 feet. I dropped down like a rock kicking like man to not have a hard landing. Looking up at the sun light coming down thur the Kelp Forest.. I felt that sip. Because the fins rested to high on my ankel, I could not get a bite on the water. They just slipped sided. That was the last time I took a drink of Vodka, pulling my self back up the anchor line. Now after the diving is over...time for a Martini

Attachments

• haik-dive-boat.jpg
    haik-dive-boat.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 76
  • clean-ci308-fw.jpg
    clean-ci308-fw.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 71
The next Force fin model..put your best foot forward..

Attachments

• forcefin-scans268-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans268-fw.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 65
Once we had a Poly-Urethane fin made we could make changes to the blade design. This way the concept advanced at a rapid pace. One big deal was the attachment of the downwards extended heel area. My Jet fins just hung off the end of my foot, some times cutting into the bottom of my foot. Then we added some more length to the fin blade....Also started experiment with a Velcro Adjustable foot pocket.

Attachments

• forcefin-scans269-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans269-fw.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 73
  • forcefin-scans270-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans270-fw.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 66
  • forcefin-scans271-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans271-fw.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 66
Working in our 28 Anacapa Street building, Santa Barbara, was the Great Grandson of Ub Iwerks.Ub Iwerks | Biography, Inventions and Facts Here John Iwerks is using Ub Iwerks animation board. Some sample of fun stuff John did for me. (copyright John Iwerks)

Attachments

• x-55-fw.jpg
    x-55-fw.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 70
  • forcefin-scans350-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans350-fw.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 69
  • forcefin-scans353-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans353-fw.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 70
  • forcefin-scans356-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans356-fw.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 71
John Iwerk, a swimming force fin (copyright Bob Evans)

Attachments

• forcefin-scans348-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans348-fw.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 63
Ok, here we go backwards for a bit...Our Father Gordon B. Evans was a Artist and our Mother Betty was a cook book writer. After returning from Roma Italy, we settled back to Hermosa Beach, California. I am fourth generation from Hermosa Beach. Learned to surf and Skin Diver off Palos Verdes. First real job was cleaning Dive N Surf dive boat the "Que Paso". The two twin Brothers Bob and Bill Meistrell took me under their wings and I became a certify diver from Bob who was #1 Los Angeles County instructor. so I worked for several years at their Redondo Beach Dive N' Surf shop. Was one of the first in America. With out a car I figured how to move around for air..

Attachments

• img113-fw.jpg
    img113-fw.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 59
  • bo-bill-fw.jpg
    bo-bill-fw.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 63
  • diver006-fw.jpg
    diver006-fw.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 59
  • diver007-fw.jpg
    diver007-fw.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 59
  • bob-bike-fw.jpg
    bob-bike-fw.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 57
While working a tDive N' Surf I saw this article and lighting system. My Dad and I liked to go lobster diving and a light was always needed for night dives. We like the idea of freeing up our hands, so we built our own helmet mounted light. (copyright Bob Evans Designs Inc,) A test dive, with my Father, who did the drawings for our helmet. I did the fiberglass work..

Attachments

• mask001-fw.jpg
    mask001-fw.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 60
  • mask004-fw.jpg
    mask004-fw.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 60
  • mask006-fw.jpg
    mask006-fw.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 65
  • y-36-fw.jpg
    y-36-fw.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 65
Wasn't the first design a bit cumbersome to dive with ? The last picture reminds me of the Cousteau team's helmet with integrated dive light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom