Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvia, was one of our biggest fan's since 1983. We have been close friends for a long time...what a HERO for all of us.
I’m going to ask for a pair for Christmas just need to figure out my size and whether to go with the original of the pro model. Love her documentaries amazing woman.

I’m going to ask for a pair for Christmas just need to figure out my size and whether to go with the original of the pro model. Love her documentaries amazing woman.
Any support from Scuba Board members will be met with a speical extra gift. I relized with so much cool stuff, i might just drop into a box..a surprise. I loved to purchase " Jack in the Box". Always found at the bottom of the carmel covered pop corn some cool plastic item. come to us our I have several really cool old time ddive shops that have been loyal to a American Fin Maker..Call Rich, at Sunken Tresure,,,Sunken Treasure Scuba Center | Scuba Diving & Seminars in North Central Pennsylvania Thanks, Bob

The OPS foot pocket I shaped by hand. After years I mastered the skill to hand shape all Force Fin designs..but when it came to being dead on I used a machined metal plate with mounting post for the Crown blade attachment. Here you can see the plate before I covered with bondo. With over 10 different OPS fin blades everything had to line up. The OPS that we found in storage are size XL, my foot size, so hoepfully someone foot 9-10 will fit. Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart – Force Fin

Attachments

• ops-projecy133-fw.png
    ops-projecy133-fw.png
    551.4 KB · Views: 58
  • ops-projecy135-fw.png
    ops-projecy135-fw.png
    485.7 KB · Views: 49
  • ops-projecy109.png-fw.png
    ops-projecy109.png-fw.png
    750 KB · Views: 52
  • ops-projecy108.png-fw.png
    ops-projecy108.png-fw.png
    596.1 KB · Views: 56
Any support from Scuba Board members will be met with a speical extra gift. I relized with so much cool stuff, i might just drop into a box..a surprise. I loved to purchase " Jack in the Box". Always found at the bottom of the carmel covered pop corn some cool plastic item. come to us our I have several really cool old time ddive shops that have been loyal to a American Fin Maker..Call Rich, at Sunken Tresure,,,Sunken Treasure Scuba Center | Scuba Diving & Seminars in North Central Pennsylvania Thanks, Bob
Thanks Bob, looks like I need large according to your chart. I’ll order through your web site... existed for the surprise. :)

Thanks Bob, looks like I need large according to your chart. I’ll order through your web site... existed for the surprise. :)
Wonderful, keep me posted when you do, every thing ships from our Penn Plant, so I will send some thing special from our Santa Barbara Office. Have a great weekend. Nice 50 pair order for the Italian navy today. They love Force Fin Pro.

Attachments

• 0403genoa3-018.jpg
    0403genoa3-018.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 52
The OPS foot pocket I shaped by hand. After years I mastered the skill to hand shape all Force Fin designs..but when it came to being dead on I used a machined metal plate with mounting post for the Crown blade attachment. Here you can see the plate before I covered with bondo. With over 10 different OPS fin blades everything had to line up. The OPS that we found in storage are size XL, my foot size, so hoepfully someone foot 9-10 will fit. Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart – Force Fin

Looks like I might need to find a pair of thin soled booties so I can fit into a pair of XLs.

Robert Flores and I were talking about all the years we spent working together on Force Fin. Must have been over 20 years. I taught Robert all the skills I had learned from our Father Gordon B. Evans and Jimmy Gray. Here are some images of Robert claying up the OPS foot pocket. First was to find the right area for the parting line. Really amazing how we were able to do what we did...here I am claying up the OPS blade.

Attachments

• 2002-christmas-full-disc-023.jpg-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-023.jpg-fw.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 2002-christmas-full-disc-034-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-034-fw.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 2002-christmas-full-disc-053-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-053-fw.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2002-christmas-full-disc-031-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-031-fw.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 48
What was interesting was I got a US Patent and other countries for a metod of Non-Molding a product. Here you can see how we took two sheets of Stevens Urethane and sewed them together in a desired form. Then we pumped in Cast PolyUrethane into the space, which created the Crown Force fin blade. Another shape was leaf like. Within a few days I could test different styles of future Force Fin Designs. This took place back in 2001.

Attachments

• crown001.png-fw.png
    crown001.png-fw.png
    623.4 KB · Views: 48
  • crown002-fw.png
    crown002-fw.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 40
  • crown003-fw.png
    crown003-fw.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 36
Your foot became a major issue in Force Fin designs. The open toe foot pocket allowed you toes to be free and not rammed into a dead end wall. Here today I found the foot castings drawing I made to understand sizing. Made several dozen casting from all types of folks. Nurkowanie – Poland’s Premiere Diving Publication – Force Fin

Attachments

• foot004.png-fw.png
    foot004.png-fw.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 37
  • foot005-fw.png
    foot005-fw.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 40
I had a chance to make many foot cast molds from small kids to some big guy's..Like size 16, from Fuji. The most fun I had was with our special friend Jean-Michel Cousteau.Ocean Futures Society - Deep Sea Conservation Coalition While doing a interview over the phone, he had a hard time when I used the K-Y Jelly on the toe area. Filmed the half hour job. I was smart to have him sign his feet. Hey found a cool artilce. Climate Change - Jean-Michel Cousteau Encourages Everyone To Be a Part of the Solution, #BeAtmospheric

Attachments

• Cousteau-foot.jpg
    Cousteau-foot.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 45
  • cousteau-foot-1.jpg
    cousteau-foot-1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom