Force Fins A Sharp Reply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well last week I was asked my opinion on FORCE FINS. My reply was a simple that I don't like them and other than that no comment. The asking diver must of took my reply to heart because I think I hurt his feelings and he went away with no additional things to say. I saw him later that day using good old jet fins. So what is your comment regarding Jet Fins?

PS: To the diver I spoke with I am sorry if I hurt your feelings but you can still talk to me about other things.

Came across Force Fins for the first time in the Maldives two years ago when we met a bunch of experienced divers from Hong Kong using them. Tried them out and then bought a pair. They suit me fine.

The benefit I get from them is that they offer me a lower power gear. I'm 60 years old and, although fit and a strong swimmer for my age, my legs get tired and sometimes cramped if I have to use power against a current. With the Force Fins you use what seems to be two strokes for one compared with my old straight, long and stiff fins.

I'm no expert on this subject but I have noted over the years that many of the fins folks are wearing nowadays seem to be a lot more supple and even incorporate slots and splits, presumably to reduce the load on the diver's muscles when he or she needs to drive with more power.

Back
Top Bottom