Force Fins VS the world (advice for first pair of fins?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Create an alert on eBay for Force Fins. They come up for auction frequently. Expect to pay about $125-$150 for a pair in decent condition.

That's a good option... if I have a size 12.5 foot, any advice on sizing? Any advice on models (they have comfort in sole options as well as a pro version now I see)

XXL is where you need to be. Pros are stiffer than Reg. I use both - Pros give a little more control.

Thank you for all the nice comments. At one point we had over 600 dealers, but our cost of good rose up each year and most stores went to the Peoples Republic of China for fins. At this point 90% of our sales come in direct from new and old customers. We have seen a growth pattern and have expanded our USA Production. We offer a money back guarantee and a wide range of performance fins. I truly believe
80318-netdoc-073.jpg
we make the finest fins in the World today.

I use a range of fins.

Scubapro Jet or DGX Classic for cold dry suit diving. (negative)
Scubapro full foot Seawing Nova for snorkeling off a boat or any really clean beach.
Scubapro Seawing Gorilla for warm water diving or snorkeling from a beach/shore/resort.

Sometimes the full foots are handy in warm water diving.

i've been in FF since 1997, (after Bob installed the heel strap). And have always swore by them, from twin 100's to rebreathers and public service diving. Fins are personal and those that don't like them usually hate them and come up with some lame excuse. Due to standardization my work fins are Jet and my recreational/technical are FF. Try them and if you don't like them someone will buy them off of you!

They work for snorkel, just not optimal. I snorkel in the tropics and FF is what I take, so I use them. The reality is if you consider ALL the ways a fin is likely to be used none are completely optimal for the whole range of uses.
In scuba there is no absolutely perfect anything. There are just too many variables, types of people, and uses you can put the equipment to. You find what you do most and try to get what works best for that. My NW kit barely resembles my tropical travel kit except for mask, computer, and regulator.

Find a local club, join it, beg some old fins to use while you explore options like borrowing your GF or brother's fins. If you lived in Seattle I have half dozen types you could try out.

Thank you for all the nice comments. At one point we had over 600 dealers, but our cost of good rose up each year and most stores went to the Peoples Republic of China for fins. At this point 90% of our sales come in direct from new and old customers. We have seen a growth pattern and have expanded our USA Production. We offer a money back guarantee and a wide range of performance fins. I truly believeView attachment 375095 we make the finest fins in the World today.

How do I get those red fins? Or was that just CLICKBAIT? Bob...?

Back
Top Bottom