Force Fins VS the world (advice for first pair of fins?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, for $395, accessories not included, this is just to much for a set of fins I've not tried. With the expulsion of Dan Volker from SB, it does not seem likely that I will be able to demo your fins in Boynton Beach. I would have been happy to compare them to my Dive Rite XTs.

They are made from a very high grade of flexible urethane. To make the urethane, it takes an isocyanates and polyol that are produced in very limited quantities at a high cost. Each fin is hand poured into hand crafted molds and then ages in low temperature ovens so they cure with the desired properties. The are then hand finished and polished.

Yes, they are expensive but once you have used them, you will have no doubt about their value. Not to mention they will last your lifetime and you kids lifetime (see previous post where regular Force Fins made in 1981 are still as good as new). They are not for those that are happy with cheap fins, made of injection molded plastic, mass produced in China. For serious divers only!!!

As usual, hearing from those who never tried them (and I am not talking about the Originals - only the Tan Delta models) and want to play internet troll. If these fins were not special, why would people like Jean Michel Cousteau, Dr Sylvia Earl, John Chatterton, etc. use them (and if you don't know who they are, you are NOT a serious diver. Troll away!!

As usual, hearing from those who never tried them (and I am not talking about the Originals - only the Tan Delta models) and want to play internet troll. If these fins were not special, why would people like Jean Michel Cousteau, Dr Sylvia Earl, John Chatterton, etc. use them (and if you don't know who they are, you are NOT a serious diver. Troll away!!
Life in TN must be boring. Well just packed the car so let me go for a not so serious dive using my not so serious gear. ;-)

Initially I thought you were just being clever and we're actually serious.....

You assume I've never tried them. That's not true whatsoever. I recently tried several models, including a ridiculously priced pair of Tan Deltas ($700 I believe the guy said). Along with a set of Pro's I purchased off of eBay for a much more reasonable price. They were nice fins. The Pros, at $75 were quite reasonable and I would have no problem recommending them if priced as such. The Tan Delta's were also nice, but nowhere near nice enough to justify the exorbitant price. They exist for a certain group of people, the ones that equate cost with value. They do not exist for people who equate value as a function of cost/performance, because their performance does not justify the cost.

Plenty of "serious divers" doing "serious dives" beyond your name dropping group that don't use them as well. (PS, you misspelled Dr. Earle's last name) Although I guess being a cave/rebreather diver doesn't make me a "serious diver" doing "serious dives."

Force Fins are like any other fins, and like any other fins they have pros and cons. That your modus operandi is to stick your fingers in your ears, yell loudly, and resort to ad hominem attacks whenever someone suggest that they are not the end-all-be-all of fins is a reflection on your childish personality.

Amazing, Dan got banned from Scuba Board.? Good Job Dan!. After Trashing Force Fins for years he finally told the truth. Happy 4th Every one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom