Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon

Reaction score
Anybody here use force fins (original)??? If so, do you like them, or should I spend my money somewhere else? I have a friend who will ship me his old ones for $35.

If you bicycle kick, you will like them. So I have heard...

ravie have you ever tried force fins ? and if you did, did you ever give them a chance or try to adapt to them?

force fins are a fin that requires a different type of kick, and coordination to make them work. if you do a standard flutter kick you wont make the most of them, you have to you a modified frog kick to get them to work the most effieciently.

at the recent DUI demo i tried a pair of extra force with wiskers (pointed straight out, not turned in) and when leading in my buddy group during a navagation run i just took off and about after a couple of minutes i did a roll to look for them and had to wait over a minute till they caught up with me (and i was just doing my standard kick, and i did not once stir the bottom and i was about less then a foot off the heavily silted bottom)

FWIW

Scubatooth once bubbled...
at the recent DUI demo i tried a pair of extra force with wiskers (pointed straight out, not turned in) and when leading in my buddy group during a navagation run i just took off and about after a couple of minutes i did a roll to look for them and had to wait over a minute till they caught up with me (and i was just doing my standard kick, and i did not once stir the bottom and i was about less then a foot off the heavily silted bottom)

FWIW

What were they wearing, tennis shoes?

Scubatooth,

I am the force fin cheerleader. I love my pro force fins. They solved my leg cramp problem. They are comfy, and powerful and easy to pack. They also make me really easy to spot in the water.

The only thing wrong with them is the fact that they are too small to fit the boots I use with my drysuit. That's why I asked Poseidin to have his friend send the unwanted pair to me. I need a second, larger pair.

Was DUI doing demos of force fins along with their own products? I would love to have an opportunity to try different types of force fins.

By the way, I agree with you about the modified frog kick. It's what I use if I find myself fighting a current.

ravie

sorry if i came off defensive(i took your statement the wrong way), i have only tried there fins and plan on getting a pair. no at the demo they had several bins of fins that you coould try out and i got some to try, and now going to get some for regular diving and then another pair for when i get my Drysuit

wreckwriter... i was wereing a dui cf200 with std bc set up with a single alum 80

posiden either PM me or email me i have a source that you could get a pair through

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom