Forget DS for the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atxer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey all you DS'ers the water out here in the atlantic is beautiful right now, you really don't know what you are missing.
I know I am going to catch some flack for this and I definatly agree DS has its place but dosn't the school bus and the tanker get old after a while?????
I took a ride on the PIrate King the other with Capt' Rob. He brought the boat down to it winter resting spot down on Cape May and decided to hit a few spots on the way.
The water was so beautiful for those of you who get seasick it was like a lake out there. We hit 3 wrecks in all. All around 100' to 120' did I mention bottom temp of 68. Oh yea that was the surface temp also. Diving with no hood thats the way I like it!!!!!Some nice sized lobster were brought up,thanks to Eric catching a 7lbs lobster. I know I never saw lobster under the helecopter. :} By the third dive I thought I might be a little narked when I saw some parrot fish swim by. Yes I did say parrot fish off the cost of NJ.
Just a great day as always thanks to Capt. Rob for running a great boat, and getting us on the wrecks quick.
Hope to see some of you DS on the boat soon to enjoy the experence....
Look forward to also seeing you at DS for a final clean off the equipment dive of the season..... ALL THE BEST...DIVE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL- Yes, you will probably get some flak on this post, but I'm with you.

The ocean is still in the mid sixties, and loaded with life. We went last weekend and there were Blackfish and bugs all over the place. Not doing any boats, but I'll be shore diving in the sound and the Atlantic Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This time of year rocks. All the tourists and crowds are gone and the vis gets fantastic....

i'm with you guys! dutch has its place for training, but i can't see how some people go there week in and week out. the way some people write about going there every weekend is insane,and i'm not even going to comment on the people with the trailers.i wrote a thread a few months back saying the same thing and i got ripped a new hole by some of the dutch-heads.(although not as bad as i thought i would) capt rob dropped me a line about the PK II, i booked a few trips with him and had a great time. i usually go out of belmar on the outlaw or the venture III so going out of B.L.was a nice change of pace. due to construction on my house i haven't had time to get back out with them guys in the last two months,but it's almost done so i want to get one or two more trips in with them guys before the year is out. so i got my tube of Preperation H ready and i'm prepared for the dutch-head onslaught.HEY DUTCH-HEADS,BUY SOME DRAMAMINE AND GET SALTY FOR CHRIST SAKE!

phillybob:
HEY DUTCH-HEADS,BUY SOME DRAMAMINE AND GET SALTY FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Comments like that, more than likely upsets them. Like slapping a vegen with a steak. Besides you are comparing apples to dougnuts. Ofcourse the ocean is better.

In nearly 150 dives and I have not gone "salty". I enjoy DS because it is unique to me. (4 trips in 2 years) Most of my diving is in the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario. The ocean is on my to do list,but in my own time.

Most ocean charters that I have seen are just costly for me. So DS or not diving? I will take DS every (weekend) time. Until then I am sure the ocean will wait for me.

Just felt like adding my 2psi.

Enjoy

phillybob:
i'm with you guys! dutch has its place for training, but i can't see how some people go there week in and week out. the way some people write about going there every weekend is insane,and i'm not even going to comment on the people with the trailers.i wrote a thread a few months back saying the same thing and i got ripped a new hole by some of the dutch-heads.(although not as bad as i thought i would) capt rob dropped me a line about the PK II, i booked a few trips with him and had a great time. i usually go out of belmar on the outlaw or the venture III so going out of B.L.was a nice change of pace. due to construction on my house i haven't had time to get back out with them guys in the last two months,but it's almost done so i want to get one or two more trips in with them guys before the year is out. so i got my tube of Preperation H ready and i'm prepared for the dutch-head onslaught.HEY DUTCH-HEADS,BUY SOME DRAMAMINE AND GET SALTY FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Me three!!

Been diving for 10 yrs now, been to DS 3 maybe 4 times.
Almost went this weekend being blown out last weekend and this. But home jobs saved me.
With the way the winds were this past week or so, I am sure you Jersey guys were just as wiped out as we were on Long Island.
Next week got a wedding on Sat, maybe can get out Sunday. In the mean time gotto get the hardwood floor down in the livingroom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom