Formula for Space Considerations/ Penetrations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does the DIR contingency have a method for determining how many divers are optimal for a penetration of a given size?

What factors do you use to make this call?

catherine96821:
Does the DIR contingency have a method for determining how many divers are optimal for a penetration of a given size?

What factors do you use to make this call?
You would be diving in either a 3 or a 2 person team and you either fit or you don't. (3 person team would be optimal, especially for wreck penetration)

I doubt thats what your looking for, but you would never do something like "Hey I can get 10 guys on this line to do a tour of this wreck" kinda thing.

yea, that is the way I see it. If three is ideal, then you have 4-5..... So, do you split the "team" in two when this happens? Go in shifts?

I found that even the water movement can stir up the rust silt. You don't have to even touch it.

when you are in a wreck penetration course, what are they using for a resource?

catherine96821:
yea, that is the way I see it. If three is ideal, then you have 4-5..... So, do you split the "team" in two when this happens? Go in shifts?

I found that even the water movement can stir up the rust silt. You don't have to even touch it.
Split a group of 5 into a 3 person team and a 2 person team.

Either go in shifts or "split" the wreck up. (You guys go to the bow...we will take the stern...etc etc)

If the wreck isn't very big, the second group might not want to go in. For a silt out on a wreck you ask when...not if. Even if you have perfect finning, your bubbles alone will slowly destroy the vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom