fossil diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irabguy

Registered
Reaction score
I have a bunch ( hundreds) of dives for fossils in the blackwater rivers of S.C. and Florida (You can't legally dive the rivers of Ga) and recently have started land hunting in the Aurora N.C. (Lee Creek)area. Are there any N.C. fossil divers out there?
I am paticuraly interested in tan colored fossils as I have found many of the black/grey fossils but if you find that type that is ok as I really enjoy the hunt more than the find ( as long as there is at least a little find).
I am a soon to be 58 year old male with all my own equiptment.
I look for safe divers to dive with who realize totally black(no viz) blackwater diving has enough risk without being wreckless.
I also enjoy freediving with sharks except this Fall my son and I are going Great White diving and we will be caged (so we don't attack the sharks?).
I refuse to ride the rides at Six Flags since I am a weenie .
All you N.C. ( or other) fossil divers let me know what is going on.
Thanks,
Ira

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Your diving really sounds interesting. Hope I get to try it someday. Not your normal fly-in tourist fare...

don

:D

DandyDon:
Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Your diving really sounds interesting. Hope I get to try it someday. Not your normal fly-in tourist fare...

don

:D

I have been blessed with various dive adventures and hope for many more-always stress safety and being honest with yourself-"If it ain't fun diving don't do it"
Ira

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom