Fossil hunting in mid February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aluv4scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to the board and newer to this Forum,,,,learning so much - had no idea you could find such fossils in Venice. So now I'm ready to go - is there a time of year that's best for fossil hunting? Other than chilly water, how's mid Feb?

I just read his article - very informative and answered my question - think we'll find some place warmer for our Feb trip!

I'm new to the board and newer to this Forum,,,,learning so much - had no idea you could find such fossils in Venice. So now I'm ready to go - is there a time of year that's best for fossil hunting? Other than chilly water, how's mid Feb?

Welcome to the board. Give a shout when you do decide to come down & I'm sure there will be some folks who will help show you the ropes. :)

I just read his article - very informative and answered my question - think we'll find some place warmer for our Feb trip!

I went last weekend and found lots of suff and some megs so I am in love with this stuff.
The water temp was 66 degrees
Visibility was 5 to 10 feet water was really nice and flat

We learned allot and any thing you want to know from one beginner to another pm me and I will tell you what I know.The thread on where to go was extremely helpful and gives great directions.I would say the easiest place to find things was at venice beach in 18ft of water

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom