Found a GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmarks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just found a GoPro in the water above Cedral Wall, almost right in front of Alberto's. Could it be yours? I think I know the owner's first name and what he did yesterday. It looks like it was lost this morning. I'd love to get it back to the owner before we both leave Cozumel.

Sometimes simple solutions are quite obvious.

I always have two anti-fog inserts (I use the CamKix ones) in the housing. You can simply write your (short) email address on them with a fineliner.

That definitely works. I've also recently been putting these on everything, even my cell-phone and keys:
It worked for my wife a few years ago. A few days after we got home from a Cozumel trip a diver who lived in California shipped us her camera and strobe; he found them a bit north from where she had dropped them, and the info on the memory card gave him the information he needed to contact us.

That definitely works.
Yep, minimum of protected photo with contact info in the first shot. I use my cell number and email address as I don't want to advertise my home address while I am out of country.

I like yellow, waterproof electric tape and laundry markers to add my contact info to my gear too.

Reactions: JFS

Back
Top Bottom