found a ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
A couple of weeks ago I found a ring. It was covered a bit by growth so we had it soaking since then. Well, yesterday I buffed and polished the ring. It is very solid, looks like one of those new men's steel with 2 gold inlay bands. It is about 5mm wide.
We looked and could not find a stamp. We did some chemical testing on it and it reacted properly to the platinum test. Could it be platinum if it doesn't have a stamp?

How about a photo? Sounds kind of like my wedding ring which is platinum, yellow and white gold. (No it isn't mine, mine is right here on my hand!)

Congrats on the find.

I would bring the ring to a jeweler...let them test the metal and it'll give you an idea of what you found!!!! :D

I got it verified, it is platinum. :D

It fits the middle finger of my right hand, feels comfortable...guess I'm gonna keep it:D

I'll post a picture later

JodiBB:
I would bring the ring to a jeweler...let them test the metal and it'll give you an idea of what you found!!!! :D

Great minds think alike :D my husband is a metal buff and has one of those metal detecting chemistry sets. It tested positive for platinum, I was just unsure because it didn't have a stamp.

Congrats! Platinum is the only metal type I havent found in 17 years of treasure hunting. It may be a custom made piece since there is no mark in it. So did you eye-ball this?

FD

Back
Top Bottom