found a ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey! That's my ring....I lost it...um, where did you say you found it again? :)
Anyhow, I've found 7 rings so far...the last one actually had 2 names & a wedding date on it, & I tried to find the owner online, & by contacting the police & military here on Guam (the dive site made it fairly likely that it belonged to someone in the military) but neither of them even answered my email. I found a really easy way to clean coral-encrusted rings is to just leave them in vinegar overnight, which dissolves the coral.

justleesa:
We did some chemical testing on it and it reacted properly to the platinum test. Could it be platinum if it doesn't have a stamp?
Ah, but did you toss it into fire and look for runes??

(Cue "Lord of the Rings" music here...)

I say...I might be getting a bit paranoid.....and protective....lol

My first wedding ring was diving treasure. My husband found it diving before we met. It was not elaborate but it was gold and it did have a nice little diamond.

All my family thought he was a cheap #@%^#* for not having bought me a ring...

I loved it and still wear it even though he has since purchased me a new ring.

Wicked cool find! I like the design, too.

How much? :D

I saw it, maybe 1000.

That is so cool, finds like that are the reason I'm getting a metal detector. Underwater, no less. :D

Back
Top Bottom