Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It always works in the movies. Why couldn't I get a "P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney?" :wink:
Putting my name on things is not in hopes that they will be returned from afar. Stories like this one after very rare. I'm just trying to make my thing identifiable in case of confusion or loss on the boat or at the resort, or even luggage theft and recovery. Like I said, most would just download the manual for a found camera.

Ok Found the SN on my housing. Looking from the lens port side the serial number will be on the right hand side between the three buttons and the latch. Here is a picture of the location on mine.

DSCN1515.JPG

Ok Found the SN on my housing. Looking from the lens port side the serial number will be on the right hand side between the three buttons and the latch. Here is a picture of the location on mine.
Picasa Web Albums - 11441235982116951...

Thanks, John! :thumb:

And aren't you proud of a case that withstood months in the water and the attack of two aliens (at least!)? :D

This thread is a hoot. Reminds me of our trip to Bonaire last year when someone in our group found a camera floating/hanging on the reef. Scanning the pics on the card showed that the photographers didn't take many pictures of themselves, only one portrait shot with no identifying info, but DID take a picture of the yellow rock dive marker before each dive so they could remember which pics came from each site (great idea, need to remember that). Also, fortunately enough, they photographed their hotel room door. Some acquaintances at buddy dive were able to identify that it was one of their doors, and using the hotel registry and the time stamp on the pic were able to get the name and number of the owner. A quick call to number on file and some cursory Q and A about the content of the camera proved it was actually the owner and viola!

Keep up the good work, and bring on the turtle video!

Ike aka "that was a great trip, gotta go back"

:hm: Where are we? Do we need to send snail mail to the dive shops in Aruba?

This thread is a hoot. Reminds me of our trip to Bonaire last year when someone in our group found a camera floating/hanging on the reef. Scanning the pics on the card showed that the photographers didn't take many pictures of themselves, only one portrait shot with no identifying info, but DID take a picture of the yellow rock dive marker before each dive so they could remember which pics came from each site (great idea, need to remember that). Also, fortunately enough, they photographed their hotel room door. Some acquaintances at buddy dive were able to identify that it was one of their doors, and using the hotel registry and the time stamp on the pic were able to get the name and number of the owner. A quick call to number on file and some cursory Q and A about the content of the camera proved it was actually the owner and viola!

Keep up the good work, and bring on the turtle video!

Ike aka "that was a great trip, gotta go back"

You meant Voila! viola means "raped":wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom