• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by Aquahound, May 18, 2010.

1. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    That's OK... this was really about Paul and his resourcefulness! Kudos to Paul (and my offer still stands).

2. kittster1

kittster1 Guest

# of Dives:
    Wow Auq, you may have gained the quickest acceptance of a forum poster I've ever seen...2 months and you get on TV and scubaboard mentioned nationally...
    So the turtle let the camera go and didn't swim it to the keys?? lol

Did the news pick your story up by surfing the daily videos.. I work in the media and they have crawlers on the internet looking for new stuff hourly.

I joined just because of this story... and because I am going to get certified as I've been metal detecting for 40 years... beach and water...

It was a great story and great job on your part...

Um... you didn't happen to find a dive bag with 7 doubloons in it on the keys lately??? naaa

3. DizzyDallasDi

DizzyDallasDi Angel Fish

AquaHound - Applauding for your national TV spot...very nice!

4. Reinminer

Reinminer Garibaldi

This is the exact reason why Walt Disney bought so much land in Florida~most of it was for conservation. *cough, cough, AnimalKindom cough, cough* Also, you didn't mention Disney's recent documentaries... :wink:

5. sansky

sansky Nassau Grouper

# of Dives:
    That's a great idea about taking photo of something with email address!

When I go diving on a liveaboard - like Aggressor - I take photos of the dive site drawings so I can post them later to my dive log. It is an easy way to keep up with sites you went to without spending your free time writing in your log.

6. Surface Interval

Surface Interval Dive Equipment Manufacturer

I was thinking of buying my son a camera for a trip we are about to take and I was thinking of this thread and the post a million posts ago that said "take a picture of your name and address, etc..." first....

7. parzdiver

parzdiver Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    You can probably put a text file on the SD card from your computer. I haven't tested it, but the camera shouldn't remove anything at the root of the card. I'll have to give it a shot. Then again, people might be more likely to see the picture.

8. Reef Tank

Reef Tank Barracuda

And, don't forget, many cameras have a small amount of memory that is available only when the card is removed where one could take a photo of an email address. Of course, this wouldn't have helped AH when the camera didn't boot.

9. Aquahound

Aquahound Nassau Grouper

Hello everyone. Sorry to resurrect this thread. I just want to let everyone know Dick de Bruin is defying T.S. Bonnie and driving down through the Keys today to meet up with me. Weather permitting, I plan to show him where the camera was found, give him a tour of the CG base, and sit down and drink some beer with him. I'll get a couple pics up later today, or tomorrow.

10. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Don't apologize... have fun!!! Thanks for reminding us.