Found some boots at Beavertail #2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveV

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Like the title says, found a set of boots today, 6/20/15, at Beavertail lot2. If they're yours, let me know the brand and size and I'll get them back to you.

great dive today BTW- water temp was 64, viz 6-8, lots o fishies! Nice spot!

I have been to BT but have never dove it. How did you dive it? I am assuming from parking lot #2. Any description and advice would be great. Thanks. TK

Hi tkaelin,

This was the first time I had been down to this spot, and the first time my son had been in the water since October, so we had a very conservative plan. Parked in Lot #2. It's a short walk across the grass and down the embankment to the small cove with the little pebble beach. The slope is fairly steep, but not too bad, just watch the loose rock that is all over. I had heard that the best diving is within 50 yards of the beach, so that's pretty much where we stayed. Underwater, the topography is very similar to above - rocky with some neat ledges, shelves, overhangs and some cool swim thrus. The was not much current, as we dove the high slack, but the was a good amount of surge. Temp was 64, and viz was 6-8feet. We basically just swam around the cove we splashed in and the areas just north and south of the entry point. I don't think we ever got more that 75 yards from shore. Most of the cool stuff was close in. Lots of bass and tautogs, some sea stars, and a few tiny lobsters. Plenty of colorful seaweed and other plant life. It was a nice dive! Much easier to park than Cape Ann.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom