Four Months in San Jose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I will be in San Jose from Mid August to Mid December on a work related trip. I know nothing about the area, and was hoping that everyone here could let me know about the diving in this area as I am considering trying to get in at least a couple of weekend dives. My experience level is about 130 dives, mostly warm water (above 60deg F), low vis to 100' plus, and down to 130' depth.

Thanks and Regards,
Brad

Thank you for the reply and the links. I will check them out and start the planning.

Regards,
Brad

Brad,

Welcome to California (Nor Cal). The diving here is a bit different whether it be Monterey or inland river or lake.

If you get some spare time and want to make the hour and a half drive to the Sacramento area, I would be happy to drop the boat in a couple dive spots here. Good solid low vis and cold water. There just is no better way to get some good experience than to get in the river (Negro Bar).

oh, and the after dive pizza and beer is good too.

If you get this way, give me a call.

SW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom