Fraud Alert someone trying to take over my Bubblesong Account!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Please be careful about ANY post from my Account Bubblesong. My email is getting hammered by reset password requests, possibly a Bot or an E-Villain.
If you see a For Sale or purchaser with my name, and you want to challenge me, ask for an Alliterative Lewd Limerick as anyone that knows me knows I won’t be the least put off by that.

Please be careful about ANY post from my Account Bubblesong. My email is getting hammered by reset password requests, possibly a Bot or an E-Villain.
If you see a For Sale or purchaser with my name, and you want to challenge me, ask for an Alliterative Lewd Limerick as anyone that knows me knows I won’t be the least put off by that.

Do you have two factor authentication set up, using an authenticator app, such as Google?

Yes, and it was not working to send the verification emails to my email address. I suspect the e-villain had switched my email address on my account somehow.
I contacted SB website contact link and also asked Facebook member @cardzard for help getting control of it again. @Pedro Burrito helped me.
Now some other IP address is trying to get back into my account, so I’m getting these password request verification emails.

Yes, and it was not working to send the verification emails to my email address. I suspect the e-villain had switched my email address on my account somehow.
I contacted SB website contact link and also asked Facebook member @cardzard for help getting control of it again. @Pedro Burrito helped me.
Now some other IP address is trying to get back into my account, so I’m getting these password request verification emails.

Are you using an authenticator app? It’s not clear from your post.

Are you using an authenticator app? It’s not clear from your post.
I’m not using an authentication app on my phone, although i used one for a business phone in the past to link up to my job websites. That was to protect them rather than my phone. I am using the Scubaboard two step verification that sends a code to my email before allowing my password to be reset, so I’m not sure how someone could hack and change my email with that verification in place.
Did you write something anti Democrat ?
Never! Nor Anti-GOP, nor anti anything really. If I’m going to get banned, it would be for my tasteless jokes, but so far, I seem to blend in nicely with those!

If I’m going to get banned it would be for what my tasteless jokes, but so far, I seem to blend in nicely with those!
Dammit bubblesong! Logic isn't what it used to be!

Now go enable 2fa auth!

I saw your emails to support. You should have received at least three password reset emails from scubaboard but the email server was backed up and didn’t send them for hours/days. You should not receive anymore from scubaboard.

All of your connection IP addresses in 2023 are from the same area so it doesn’t appear to be a hacker unless the hacker lives near you.

Dammit bubblesong! Logic isn't what it used to be!

Now go enable 2fa auth!

She says she has it set up, but used emails to get her reset code, not an authentication app. I think the app is the better way to go.

Could you provide some examples of Alliterative Lewd Limericks so we'll know what to look for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom