Frederick MD area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told their insurer will not allow solo diving under any circumstances. I'd assume depth limitations are insurance related too, but it's just assumption, I have never had to carry a policy of that type and deal with that.
I used to live down in Wilmington NC, dove the quarries in Raleigh from time to time and it was similar. That being said, nobody checks…

Northern Virginia here...

Juturna Springs was open for a few short bits before they hit permit issues or whatever. They have been working on it for years now.

Those regulations seem odd. "No dives deeper than 100’ unless diver uses a standard technical diving configuration approved by the Juturna Springs staff. No independent Backmount doubles for dives deeper than 100’." The sidemount people are out of luck?

Lake Phoenix has been my local go to since it was Rawlings. I suppose lawyers have mostly ruined it when it comes to quarries and such?

I’m sure nobody is gigging sidemount guys, that is a generally accepted modern day tech diving method. Yes to the lawyers ruining it, but I think we all know how nasty the quarries can get, I get the safety aspects for people not used to diving like that. Looking forward to Juturna getting up and running though.

Welcome! I'm out in Westminster, so not too far from Fredneck. Closest option right now is Willow Springs, just don't expect much in terms of viz... It's about 2 hours from me.

It's also Oyster Diving season in the Chesapeake. Let me know and I can put you in touch my my friend who's been organizing those trips.

Welcome! I'm out in Westminster, so not too far from Fredneck. Closest option right now is Willow Springs, just don't expect much in terms of viz... It's about 2 hours from me.

It's also Oyster Diving season in the Chesapeake. Let me know and I can put you in touch my my friend who's been organizing those trips.

I was going to say the same, I've got a buddy Dave that organizes them, was actually supposed to go this weekend but I'm sick and had to cancel.

Edit: I'm told there's 2 charters @ different areas. One is $50, the other is $90. MD law states you need to be a MD resident, in the water @ 8am and out by 12, and max of 100 oysters per diver.

I'm from Frederick but live in Gaithersburg currently. Feel free to hit me up to go diving. I've not been to Juturna, but I've been waiting for awhile to be able to go. Hopefully it will be much nicer then the drive to Lake Phoenix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom