Free diving (breath-hold) event, Osezaki June 26/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Late notice...

Martin Muller, the German National coach for the World Free Diving Competition, will be in Japan this coming week. His friend, Elisabeth Kristoffersen, will also join us and she will be competing in the upcoming Okinawa competition. She currently holds a number of world records, as can be seen on her website.

This is an amazing opportunity to learn about breath-hold diving and have a lesson on the basics from the German national coach!!

I think it will be a confidence builder for diving in general, and a great skill to have if you are snorkeling rather than diving!

The weekend of the 26th/27th, Discovery Divers Tokyo will be hosting Martin for a clinic on breath-hold diving, and recreational diving will also be available.

Content of Martin's Workshop in the words of Martin himself:

Hi everyone! We are totally excited about the diving in Izu and the World Championship of free-diving in Japan.

The clinic will include a theoretical introduction in the physiology of breath hold diving, breathing technique, training mechanisms, safety procedures and buddy team.
The water sessions will include static apnea,... dynamic (distance) and deep diving.
We will focus on breath hold capacity, aqua dynamics and, once again, on safety procedures.

This clinic will make a safer and more conscious diver whether you carry a tank on your back or not.

The details for this weekend event can be found on our Facebook page, and there is still a bit of space for overnight stay.

Please inquire with me for details. Those wanting to stay overnight should be confirmed with me by Monday evening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom