Free Diving Fins for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsreimer

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey All:

I am looking to get a lady friend some free diving fins for christmas. However, it seems that smallest fins seem to be for a woman's size 8 or larger. Can anyone point me in the direction of a manufacturer that makes free diving fins for smaller feet. (size 6-7 USA)?

Thanks!

:palmtree:

don't know but you could always get her a neoprene boot of the appropriate thickness to make up for the bigger size of the fin. is it a surprise or can you get her to try the stuff on first? boots are always good if there is any type of coral rubble or oyster beds that could cut your feet up on shore dive entrys. don't want her to mess up that pedicure on a rock!!

good luck

You're going to purchase something for a woman that she hasn't tried on? Good luck with that dude. The last time I did that, I got the silent treatment for a couple of days... "Do you really think I wear a size 8? AM I that big to you?"

You may just want to get her a gift card to her LDS and leave that decission up to her. Just my $.02 amigo.

Later,

Most freedive fins use metric sizing, a size 7 should be equal to a 40 in metric. The problem is most companies will make the foot pocket to fit a range of sizes. I looked at AB Biller and the sizes run 7-9 and up. I agree with Bigg Bud, full foot fins should be tried on because sizing and width will vary with manufacture, and if they do not fit right they are pretty much useless.

I agree in an ideal situation, i'd rather have her try them on. But what i've seen is that there isn't anything to try on anyway. According to some of the shoe size conversion guides, a size 6-7 US is a 38-40 in the european/metric system. Who knew that all women free divers had big feet??? hahaha.

As for what happens if i were ever able to find fins in her size, but they don't fit right.... well, that's why I pay for everything with my amex. IF the LDS doesn't take it back, amex will. Don't leave home with out it! :wink:

Loneranger:
Most freedive fins use metric sizing, a size 7 should be equal to a 40 in metric. The problem is most companies will make the foot pocket to fit a range of sizes. I looked at AB Biller and the sizes run 7-9 and up. I agree with Bigg Bud, full foot fins should be tried on because sizing and width will vary with manufacture, and if they do not fit right they are pretty much useless.

The problem is size conversion charts are anything but consistent.
I know I wear a 38-39 eu sizing and a size 7-8 US.
Some size charts will put me at a 40 and I've never tried on a 40 shoe that wasn't way too big.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom