Free diving manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do understand the point. I did not teach chokes to more than a friend asking about it when knowing about my martial arts background because they could harm someone while testing their new knowledge.

No bad feelings, asking in the forum was but one of the ways. I will get the manuals I want, in one way or another. I also won't use that knowledge to kill myself.

Out of respect for your opinions, even if I don't share them, neither will I post here how I got the manuals.

Heard that before.

Best of luck.

Libraries are the only good bet... unless you have buddies with books to lend.

As someone who writes textbooks for a living (for agencies and for "private" publishers), FREE has a whole other connotation. However, I would suggest searching the Blogasphere.

The GUE cave diving manual is pretty widely available (illegally) on the inter web. Don't recall seeing many others.

The GUE cave diving manual is pretty widely available (illegally) on the inter web. Don't recall seeing many others.

With "free" I meant something like "made by a government or non profit driven orgs" or free domain (project guttenberg, etc) books.

I'll look for the GUE manual in bookdepository/amazon though.

[Edit: They actually sell them directly in their page in pdf, which is quite convenient. I'll investigate the correct order of lecture.]

Thanshin, The only on line manual I can think of is the US Navy Diving Manual, the link is listed below. This is not exactly what you were asking for but it will be covered in parts and this is the best overall reference book on diving that I know of.

US Navy Diving Manual Revision 6 PDF

You could also break it down to various techniques such as running line, gas management, gear configurations, and so on. There are numerous places online to find this information.

Bob
---------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I am a newbie here and I really don't understand what is wrong about what Thanshin has asked! Is this some rule here? I usually use Wikipedia to do some pre-reading before I learn anything and a few books if I can get my hands on them. And for a generation that has grown along with the help of wikis we are eager to learn more but never at the cost of our lives or others' livelihood. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom