Freedivers at 105 Ft Were Inspirational....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig Baumann:
Checking it all out! I see he's back in the water Catherine. Best of luck to him.

Good news Craig!

I think he figured out the immersion pulmonary edema thing.

he is wearing a 5 mm now and since staying warmer (less vasoconstriction of the periphery ?) less lung fluid...makes sense.

There is a big freediving clinic in Kona this weekend, so maybe he will get some more info from a freediving doc over there. There is a Freediving Medical Society, BTW.

KOMPRESSOR:
DON'T confuse my daughter, darn it! :no

Anyways, we are talking about constant weight freediving:

"The Constant Weight Discipline is where the freediver descends and ascends using his fins/monofin and/or with the use of his arms without pulling on the rope or changing his ballast. Constant weight is the most common depth discipline of freediving, often seen in competitions around the world."

http://www.deeperblue.net/newsfull.php/1378

And according to this source 109 meters seems to be the current record. (357ft)

Then you have the other crazy disciplines where they hold on the a lead sleigh on the way down, and then ascend, apparently with positive buoyancy... I think that's cheating! Constant weight is the real thing! :D

357 feet that's incredible ! It also means I have about another 317' to go to tie the record.

Thanks for making us all jealous once again Catherine with all those great
photos.
:coffee:
Joe B:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom